Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Only the dead stay seventeen forever.

So for my first entry, I thought I would post a picture of j. and I doing what we do best: drooling over sushi. It's no coincidence that we've gotten kicked out of almost every restaurant we've been to for staying too long.


We don't smile like this for everything.

I also have to discuss another one of my current obsessions: Khalil Fong 方大同. When I heard his song on the LOVE Cartier website (whose playlist everyone should listen to) I set out to find out as much about him as possible. After hearing "Love Song," it was pretty much over.
Rather than a typical Canto/Chinese pop (read: terrible) artist, he's really just an incredibly talented R&B singer who sings in Chinese. (Even though he's from HK, he sings in Mandarin because he says it's prettier- ha!) It's not that I don't appreciate pretty boys, as anyone who knows me can attest to, but I find people with something to say a lot more interesting.


Confession: I watch this video almost everyday. Is that creepy?
人间的青草地 需要浇水
内心的花园就不会枯萎
把最甜最好的滋味
散播到东南西北
I mean, with lyrics like that (Khalil discusses them in English during the interview), how could anyone resist? Or “忘了美丽,” which has truly heartbreaking lyrics, or at the end of “十九八七...” where he goes, “爱的是你我爱的是你,你却说要离开你别说要离开”

I'm should stop writing before I embarass myself even further.

Okay. Um. I'm going to watch yesterday's episode of Weeds now. And maybe that interview... one more time.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home